Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Broadway in Monmouth

Well I am a lucky dad !!!!!, I get to take my daughter, Melissa, out to dinner at J's restaurant in Monmouth and after dinner, attend the play that she has so diligently worked on as part of her Theatre degree requirements. Her title is a "Dramaturg" and she is very knowledgeable about theater history and actually quite well spoken of in the theater industry at not only Monmouth, but also at the Broadway Theatre she worked at as an intern in NYC this past Summer. She is very talented and extremely dedicated to her trade.  She directed 4 scenes in the play. Whatever school she decides to teach at will be lucky to have her. She follows in her mothers footsteps in that she is entering the education field... primarily she wants to teach theater but also will be degreed in English Composition or it might be Literature  (I think). The play will be good and I'm sure she will be happy that it is finally over as it's taken the majority of her free time. Her dedication is to be envied. She makes both her mother and I quite proud.

2 comments:

Leann said...

That's so kewl. You must be extremely proud of her. She must have loved being in NY in the Broadway circuit. That's what being young is all about.

denny said...

Yes, for her it was a sterling moment. It did bring reality into focus though, way too expensive to live in NYC. She and her Mother went back there again this summer and saw some plays and such.

Never been there myself, although I was in schenectady, NY once when driving long haul.

She is 22 now and will graduate next month and start her Masters program in January.