Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Damn... I love a good deal

Talked to Don and wouldn't you know it, he was able to save me over $100 bucks a year on the combined insurance for Melissa and I.  
When I originally switched to AIG, they beat Rhodes Warden but now, things have changed and I get a better deal by going back to where I started.
Like I told Don, I (and any of you) owe no sense of loyalty to an Insurance company.  They will gladly accept your monthly premium payments till the day you die... if you NEVER ever make a claim you still pay the same..
But, that said, if you do happen to find yourself in the position to have to make a claim and by some chance it is substantial... hang on, you could easily find your premiums increased or as happened to me with Prudential, CANCELLED.  
They are really only your friends whilst things are nice and quiet and you don't NEED to use their services...  Now, that said, I will admit that not ALL insurance companies are created equal and some will actually stick by you in times of adversity.  But the truth is this:  More don't, than do.
It is horrible to know that the LAW is what requires you to carry it... period.
No rain yet, but I gotta say, it's missing a helluva good opportunity.

No comments: