Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Saturday and Spring is in the air...

I decided to get up a little later today, about 7am and then meandered down to Coffee at McDonalds. Upon getting back home, I decided to throw a load of wash in the washer and then clean up the kitchen. I went to get some water from the cooler and noticed a green tinge to the container, a 5 gallon carboy. Evidently, it takes me too long to go thru 5 gallons of water thus allowing the growth of algae inside the bottle. I took the carboy off the cooler and rinsed it with bleach water which removed the algae and then I also decided that I would no longer use the cooler either. I put the cooler in the garage and stored the carboy with the other one in the main bathroom. I will just keep a picture of water in the refrigerator. The chlorine smell will evaporate over a few hours so that will make it more palatable.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I worry about all of the other things that filter through the water. The drugs, sewage, and whatever other element of disgust creeps back into our water supply. I only drink bottled water. Perhaps I am only fooling myself, but I feel better about consuming it, especially now the bottles are recyclable.