Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Wet, damp, Wednesday, Fall... life is good

I woke up this morning about 5 AM, and laid there in bed trying to go back to sleep, but about 5:40 AM I rolled over and picked up my phone and called Nora to wish her good night. It was funny because she thought that she had told me not to call her today, but actually she did want me to call her. She really likes it when I call her before she goes to sleep. After the phone call I went down to McDonald’s for coffee I got there earlier than normal so I actually beat Ralph there. I sat with him and of course he spent the next two hours telling me about his trip through 12 states and 2600 miles and all of the associated stops and things that he saw while traveling with his son Johnny. The purpose of this trip was to go to Texas to see his eldest son which I found ironic in a way because they only spent six hours there. Ralph doesn’t have much of a tolerance for many things but part of that is because of his age. I sat with Maria as she had breakfast and I mentioned to her something that had been bothering me about one of the McDonald’s workers and she told me that the reason this lady was treating me the way she was is because she is jealous of the fact that I have become engaged to Nora. Evidently according to Maria this lady had her own ideas for me. I am flattered on one hand, but in all actuality she never would’ve been an interest in my life. Sometimes it’s sad the way people react when life doesn’t hand them what they think they deserve. Anyhow, that pretty much sums up how my day started. “Happy Veterans Day” to each and every one of you enjoy it in your own special way.

1 comment:

Leann said...

Any woman would be lucky to have you Dennis. I certainly don't blame her for being a bit jealous. Kudos to her for having great taste :-)