Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

The "Caakies" Bakearama Event...

Catchy name eh?? Thought so myself... Well here's the real deal Vern. For those of us too lazy to do it the old fashioned way.
Ingredients include:
(1) box any (and I mean any) cake mix 18.25 oz. size. (2) clucker droppings (eggs). (1/2) cup garden variety vegetable oil.
Process thusly:
Mix the above mentioned ingredients (and only those ingredients) in an average sized bowl until blended nicely. (you can add nutz, raisins, chocolate chips, almonds, pecans... you name it) Drop cookie sized dollops onto a ungreased baking pan/sheet. Crank the heat to about 350˚ and bake till light brown color (8 -10 mins). OK partner, there ya got it "Caakies" cookies for the rest of us Life is good and the caakies should be too...

4 comments:

Leann said...

I've never tried making caakies out of a cake mix. I would think the consistancy would be too thin to bake into anything but waffers.

denny said...

So, let me guess... your fear of the dancing wafers will keep you from trying this little gem?

Come on Leann, you've done far greater things than that. Giver a shot... whatcha got to loose??

Leann said...

I don't believe I expressed fear in making them, rather questioned the actual consistancy of said caakies.

denny said...

Oops, my bad. Fear probably wasn't a good descriptor in that context... rephrased it would look like this:

"Your expressed concern of batter consistency producing nothing more than wafers may, in fact, be unfounded... a trial of said recipe should answer that question for you..."