Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, June 8, 2008

•• Beautiful Sunny Sunday

Wow, I had forgotten just how nice the blue sky looked. It won't be exceptionally warm today, but the weather would certainly be adequate for some long overdue yard work or perhaps washing of a vehicle or two. I don't have that to do, as I already did it yesterday with the exception of washing my pickup. That, I may do today. If you are reading or keeping up with my Blog, here is a link to my most recent CraigsList personal ad. Simple and to the point.
As I read all the personal ads in the 'Women Seeking Men', it strikes me that they all seem to have the same flavor.  They are all looking for the same type of guy, they all seem to value the same characteristics in a mate and they all seem to love their family and friends and love to laugh and are tired of the 'bar' scene.
Very little originality exists in these posts.  Sadly, when you reply to many of them, they narrow down the parameters that they deem acceptable.
Tends to remind me of the folks who use cookie cutters to qualify christians.. if you don't fit their particular design, then you don't qualify.  
My ad states simply that "There's more to the book than the Cover" and I think that philosophy should be used by all who seek a relationship... NO Exceptions.
Enough of that crap... Go forth Knights and Maidens and enjoy the bountiful harvest of good weather and better friends.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I saw that ad and wondered it it was yours. Yes, you are correct in that many of us block ourselves in when attempting to write a personals ad.