Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, June 19, 2008

The "Green green Grass of Home"

I decided today that it was time to address the Dandylions and the other crawly vines that inhabit some of my "Oasis of Love".  Off to 'Green Thumb' with a handful of the encroaching villains.  
I don't know what to call them that wouldn't offend my audience so "weeds" will have to suffice for now.  I showed the owner of 'Green Thumb' and of course he knew them personally and showed me the product that would eventually lead to their demise and, my happiness.
One specially for the Dandylions and of course, yet another for the crawly sticky thingys that live by the chain link fence and under the rhodies.  They're impending doom puts a smile on my face.
Lastly, he looked at the branch I brought in from the dogwood tree... I told him it was a virus and he, in his infinite wisdom, corrected me and told me it was 'Moss'.  No problem says me... and of course, yet another product (tree fertilizer) gets added to my skyrocketing list of demolition powders.
From there, I beat the camel's ass to WalMart where I managed to drop another substantial amount of coin on a short hose, a impulse sprinkler and some commercial grade shears for grass.
Once back at the tent, I placed the sprinkler, connected the hose and ran it over to the control valve.  I decided to try it out, and set it to manual and lo and behold that particular valve didn't survive the nearly never ending Winter...
Off goes me to Bi-Mart to see if they still carry the valve... luck would have it, yes and yet a mere $15 bucks.  Does it never end???  Back home, replace the valve and tried again... Dammit, batteries dying in the control unit... Lucky me, I have 3 new ones left.
Got it all up and going and the new sprinkler adjusted so now all I have to do is wait for what I know will be a water bill of Galactic proportion... which will lead to a bigger gas bill as I will have to mow more often...
Life is Grand.

No comments: