Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Lord doth provide and patience abides...

Rose early this morning to a most beautiful blue sky and temperatures that will tease the triple digit mark once again.
God, how I thank you for all you provide to us, your humble children... It never fails to amaze me how much I have and how little I need.  He has provided me with all things and protects me from all evils... well, a little sunscreen helps too.
We will soon be off to church and from there probably a brunch of sorts and then I am not sure what the day will offer.
My sincere apologies to Omar, left alone in the stable with the stinky camel droppings and no one to complain to... Fear not friend, I will return eventually.  
Thus far, the villagers being unable to pin down my exact location, have made no phone calls advising that the tent has mysteriously caught fire and burned to the ground so at least I have an abode to which I can return... probably dusty though as Omar tends to leave the flap up on occasions.
I leave you with the thought that my God shall look after you and provide you with all you ever need... the secret, my friends, is "Faith".  'To he who believes, all things are possible'.  Good words to live by me thinks.
Fear not Ladies, I shall return in all my splendor to once again sweep you off your feet in my typical un-dashing manner.
Oh ya, Cathy... ya might think about changing your cell phone settings so that text message arrivals don't make a sound... maybe you won't get scared out of a good sleep that way... check it out my dear friend.
More from the demented cauldron of my mind shall follow later...

2 comments:

Leann said...

Hey you, hope you had an awesome sunday and managed to avoid the discomfort associated with high temps. Wish I could say the same. It's hot here in this little shell I call home. Fans running, doors and windows open, cat splayed out on the wood floors attempting to stay cool.

Thank you for the reminder that God provides all we need. Ask not, want not.

I do miss your ramblings and insightfulness.

Are you texting the lady at odd hours of the night?

denny said...

Leann me old buddy, yes, odd hours I suppose would describe it as she lives 2 hours ahead of me. She is my ex wife's best friend and we always had a lot to yak about.

We've a friend style relationship as we, (her family and mine) lived next door to each other basically for about 8 years when I was in Virginia.

Cathy is a Southern bred lady, originally from Alabama and there is where she presently hails from.

Sorry about the heat and of course you know my empathy extends to the feline in your life (more toward you though). Please take care and Omar and I shall return to our ridiculous antics once my carpet lands again in Oregon... Land of the Beavers...