Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

The morning after the night before...

Ah yes... the wine, the remainder of which kept me company for as long as my eyes continued to function, was quite good.  I was glad however to see the bottom of the bottle.  Amazing how a little vino can round off the edges.
I had a good time and met some nice people.  I was a little surprised at where they live as I've walked by their house many times when getting my constitutional in... (rarely these days for some reason).
Thanks again, Leann for the invite.
This morning proved to be somewhat of a challenge, after rising from the drunken stupor of last night, I found Omar sitting in the corner of the tent and he was intently studying a little frayed book.  I stumbled over to him and held out my hand so that he could hand it to me to look at.  He looked up with a blank and somewhat unfocused stare then handed me the book.  Ended up being a very tattered copy of the Koran.  Now I've never read the Koran and don't have any pressing urgent desire to but it seemed to be something important to him.
I handed it back to him and he nodded his thanks.  It made me think that perhaps there is more to this little Arab guy than I thought... I will have to investigate this a little further.
But for now, all is well and the day promises to be warm and lovely.
Cathy, nothing from you at all today... are you mad?? if so why?? and if not then whatcha up to?? whooops, here you are on MSN now... howdy.

No comments: