Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Wednesdays can be wonderful with the right person...

Coffee at McDonalds then went over to Albany and parked in the mall lot in front of Target. I was there about a hour and a half early, but had some reading I wanted to do so that was good. I decided to to into Target and look around for a bit, ended up buying a 1qt saucepan with metal rimmed glass top. Nice heavy pan and I didn’t have a 1 qt at home. It was normally $29.95 and I got it for $20.95 so that was a good deal I thought. Melissa got there right on the dot at 10:30 and we took off for the Willamette Valley Winery near Salem. We had a wonderful lady server by the name of Erica who spends 6 months out here in Oregon and the rest of the time in South Carolina. We were able to have 6 tastings of wine (all they can legally give us). We both decided to buy a bottle of the wine named “Oregon Blossum” which happens to be a light and slightly sweet wine that tickles your tastebuds and leaves a happy feeling in your mouth... Not a bad purchase for $10. We thought that it might be nice if we met up there maybe 4 times a year to share a bottle of wine and a picnic lunch together... I find that idea appealing. After we left there, we ended back up at the Mall parking lot and I dropped her off at her car. She informed me that she is now seeing a young man by the name of Ermine... says he is very smart and a Political Science major (God forbid) and avidly involved in the theatre which is good considering it is her first and most pressing love. We hugged and loved and said see ya and I came on back home.
After discovering the odor in the cupboard yesterday, I decided to check into it further.  Moving various sundry items around, I discovered what appeared to be a half eaten mellon of some kinds and 3 pieces of partially chewed licorice.
The other thing, and I didn't see this until this morning, was a note, scribbled, from Omar that informed me that his plan for the day was to go Chicken fishing with a bowling ball... don't ask ...

1 comment:

Leann said...

What a lovely idea!! To meet four times a year to picnic and have a glass of wine. It's nice to be able to hang out with those we love.

I just got home from having lunch with a co-worker. We had a wonderful time. It was nice to meet outside of work.

The shoulder is feeling better already, just doing the exercises for a day.

The yard selling...I'm thinking around the 26th of September (what ever that Friday is).

I totally don't get the Chicken fishing with a bowling ball..?