Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, November 1, 2008

Rain is here... and there... and it would seem, everywhere

The scene in the picture above is one that will likely become quite familiar in the coming months... With that in mind, I've decided to decline my Sisters invitation to come to their house for Thanksgiving and instead will do volunteer work at the Lebanon Soup Kitchen over the holiday.
It was raining when I left for coffee this morning and I am pretty sure the next few days will provide us with more of the same.  Thankfully the grass is growing at a slower rate...
The trees have given up some of their leaves and it colors the grass for now.  Next dry day I will have to mow, just to pick up the leaves.  Seeing them go is like watching an old friend drive away... Nice to see them on their way, but anxious for their return visit.
I've paid the hounds for the first of the month, but their hunger will return on the 15th... they never get full, do they!.
Housework is done and yet there is always something to do.  I would rather visit with company, if I had some.
Omar is busy sweeping up a mess he made in the tent, looked a little bit like tinsel and maybe a christmas bulb but I am not sure.  I was watching CNN last night and he asked me what I was watching... I told him I was catching up on the Presidential race...
He didn't have much to say about that, but I know he is thinking...
Your comments are always welcome so let me know how your life is...

2 comments:

cathy said...

I am sorry to hear that you want be with family for the holidays. It is hard not to be with them during this time of the year.

If I was there I would come keep you company but it is a little far for me to travel for just a few hours.

I get to feed some of those same hungry people in the next couple of days and yes you are right they are always there begging for more. Just think of how much we would have if they were not there begging all the time.

Leann said...

Love the colors of the fall. I watch the leaves as they meander their way down from the branches and appreciate the beauty of the air.

It is difficult being away from the family on holidays, I've done many of those. Friends are always welcome at my house. I'm still not sure what my plans with family are as they always seem to come at the last minute. I know Thanksgiving will be spent here.

Take care and keep your eye on Omar....the best laid plans......