Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Warmer, wet but expecting much worse...

I rose a little later this morning as I stayed the course later last night.  I knew that it would be raining this morning but thought that perhaps a little more snow might make an appearance... 
The weather is warmer this morning than it has been, but according to the weather report on Channel 2 last night, we are in for the mother of all storms this weekend, one to rival the storm that paralyzed Portland for 4 days in 2004.  I think this is going to be a winter for the record books.
After coffee at McDonalds, I went to Appletrees and had a half order of B&G and then went to the Lebanon Rehap center to vist Henry Hoffman... I found out yesterday that he had 2 strokes while at home.
He is doing pretty well, still pretty affected on the left side but he can talk with a very minor slur and seems in pretty fair spirits...  He is a really nice old fella and I used him for the past two years to weed my flower gardens.  Looks like I may need to find someone else this year.
Melissa spent the night at her boyfriends parents house near Portland last night as the roads were still not too safe.  Hope she returns to Corvallis today.
Dusting the bedroom is on the plate for today, laundry is taken care of so that won't need attention.
Aren't you just SO excited though... Christmas is just around the corner...!!

1 comment:

Leann said...

It's good to hear your friend is doing fairly well. Sometimes most of the affects go away, and sometimes not. I hope he's in the former.

I hope Melissa made it home. My daughter sent pics where they got at least 7 inches of snow this evening. Not a good time to be traveling on the roads. Looks like Christmas with me and the grandkids on Mon/Tuesday ain't gonna happen. It will be christmas after Christmas, which is sometimes even better :-)

I'm very excited that we're almost there....Christmas day should be a fun one!!