Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Well... it's here

365 days ago we were in this same warm fuzzy holiday feel good place... or at least that is where we wanted to be.
A tremendous amount has changed in that short year and yet 'Christmas' maintains a magical day feeling when we gather with family and friends and celebrate our reasons for being alive.  We watch the toddlers opening gifts that to them look pretty but they still aren't too sure about the fat guy in the red suit.
Hot chocolate and 'sticky buns' abound and cheery music blares out of an over priced stereo.  Huge hugs go around the room and smiles stretch from ear to ear...  Thank you God for this holiday and the opportunity to celebrate your Son's birth.
I hope and pray that this next year will be more positive for everyone.  I would personally like to see more love and empathy for the less fortunate.
Well my friends, go an open your gifts if you've not yet done so.  You hold a fond place in my heart and my hope is that Santa was good to you.

No comments: