Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, January 23, 2009

Yet another end of a beginning...

Today the weather was mild, somewhat cloudy but not bad.  The weatherman said that perhaps we could see some moisture, but likely those odds will improve over the impending weekend.
A lady, at the Senior home I deliver meals to, invited me today to share in their monthly potluck dinners... she said I needn't bring anything, rather they would just enjoy my company...
I make friends of the elderly and the indigent quite easily as empathy seems deeply ingrained in my psyche.  I am happy for that as there is great need for more folks who show empathy for the less fortunate.
I hope you all have a great weekend, I don't have much planned, although Saturday night I will be watching a UFC fight that should prove to be exciting.  It's not everyone's cup 'o tea though.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, I dig the new heading photo. I'm pretty big on infrared photography myself, take a peek at some of my work over at http://phaythe.deviantart.com/

Leann said...

Enjoy the UFC fights.

It would be a better world if there were more people who had the empathy you do for the elderly. They have become a forgotten part of our soceity, where in others they are valued for their wisdom and knowledge. Kudos to you Dennis. Pot lucks are always fun!

denny said...

Well Leann, you know how Omar is... always jumps into the pool without checking the water level...

Randall, thanks for the compliment dude, unfortunately I have to use the work of others as I've not taken many myself...

If you have any you want to donate use of, ring my bell...

I checked out your site and it seems to render pretty well, but you might want to check it out using Safari sometime... I know, but it's getting to be a bigger community now.

Later my friend...