Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Well here it is Sunday and a beautiful Sunday too...

I was a lazybones this morning I didn’t get out of bed until about 7:30 AM and then I went down to McDonald’s for coffee. Ralph was there and one other person and a little bit later Dell came in and Gary and his wife and then just before I got ready to leave a couple a gentleman from Australia sat down and I chatted with them for a few moments and then I left to come home. I was able to hobble into the McDonald’s restaurant without benefit of my crutches this morning that’s not to say that my left Achilles tendon was being any nicer to me, I just refused to use the crutches. Vanity or just plain stubbornness I don’t know which prevailed. Once I got home I cleaned up the kitchen I’m amazed at times how much dust is generated in this house and I am positive that it comes from the ductwork because the house is never left open. I will have to address that situation. I instant messaged with Nora for over four hours again last night, it’s amazing how much one can learn about another during the course of gentle conversation. Nora has not had a particularly easy life and I have developed a very deep appreciation for what she has experienced. It does make me appreciate what we have here in the United States as American citizens and also the things that we take for granted. We are a very opulent society very self-centered and self serving in comparison to many other cultures. Not everything about Americans is bad obviously I think as a society we have a lot of very positive intentions unfortunately many of them are wrapped in a cloak of graft. Okay, I will step down off the soapbox now. And let me wish you all a wonderful Sunday do something nice for yourself and your family and whatever that is approach life with a positive attitude and be appreciative for the things you have. Later dudes

1 comment:

Leann said...

It turned into another beautiful day. I am so sorry to hear the foot is bothering you.

I would not dare say old age because I have my own afflictions and age is not the culprit..no...no....no....no.........