Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, September 26, 2010

The adventure... continues NOW !!!

Sept 25, 2010

Another day, this is Saturday, and later, after lunch, Nora and I are to meet with Aileen Cantuba at the SM mall... probably for lunch. (on me of course).

The children were told last night of the chores that they need to accomplish this weekend, nothing hard, but it should give them a sense of responsibility and also accomplishment... two values that I hold high.

Coffee and breakfast of noodles... hmmmm not exactly fine cuisine, but it fills the belly.

My two pesky bug bites are looking much better, the Hydrocortizone is having a good effect.

We will leave about 11am for the mall according to my most knowledgable wife... at least for now. I found that applying a little baby powder to my face makes the electric shaver work much better... without it, my skin is damp and the razor will not slide smoothly. The kids are busy with their chores, with the exception of Jenny whose chore is mopping the floors, and I think she is wise to wait until the house is less busy to attempt that one.

I hope to find some electrical connectors and perhaps some wood today, but not in the mall but perhaps in a hardware store.... seems there is an ACE hardware store in the mall but I could be mistaken, it would not be the first time.

I just set up an email account for Nora that apple mail can access, tested it and it works great.

We left for the SM mall at about 11:15am. We wandered around a little bit then found the ACE Hardware store where I was able to find all the things I wanted around the house. Nora picked up a few items also then we stopped and had a couple of brownies and surfed the net using the free wifi. We stopped at the supermarket and Nora bought some coffee and I found a box for my tools.

We met up with Aileen at Chow King, Nora and aileen had lunch and I had a Halo Halo. We chatted for awhile then left and Nora looked for a donut shop but ended up getting the kids some pastry. We then came back home. The evening was pretty quiet and we went to bed about 10. I told Nora to look under the blanket on her pillow and then she found the bracet I had gotten for her.

From denny's iPad...

2 comments:

Leann said...

So what is a Halo Halo?

denny said...

Halo Halo is a delicious filipino dessert using crushed ice, berries, evap mil, ice creme... Very good