Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, October 1, 2010

The 1st day of October... the end beckons...

Oct 01, 2010

Last night was in a word, miserable, between the coughing and the runny nose and having to pee every hour, I was not having a good time at all. Nora is a cuddler, but her little body exudes so much heat that it is just impossible to enjoy it here in the Philippines.

We finally got up just after the 5:30 alarm went off, had some coffee and then I re-computed Nora's money for the week. It appears that she will be able to have 800p a day (including the transportation costs for her and the kids).

We had one helluva trip to get to the bus, then the road leading to Marilao is under construction and it was just a shitty trip period, then once on the bus it was nut to butt only almost all the way into Manila.

The trip to the embassy was by cab and then once there I was seen almost immediately. The lady I spoke with said that I needed to check with DHS window 35 which deals with immigrent and visa stuff... the guy there told me I need to get my i-card and then I can submit the I-130 package from here in the Philippines. The i-card will be good for a 1 year stay and cost me about 10 to 15,000p but it is supposed to be a one time charge and according to another customer, it is permanent.

When finished there, Nora and I went to St. Lukes clinic and she only had to wait about 10 minutes to be seen so that went quite well. From there we stopped at Chow King for some lunch.

We came back home then and I napped for about 30 minutes then we headed out on the journey from hell, going on the same road we took this morning only following it all the way to SM Mall Marilao... Actually, once you get past the national hiway interchange it went pretty quick. Nora shopped for essentials, and a little food and I surfed the net a little bit. We stopped for a snack at the food court.

The trip home proved to be ardouous also because it was not only rush hour (rush???) but the exhaust was overbearing... and then there was the 'Nose'... plus Nora wanted to stop at Divine market on the way.

Back home now and all is well, Nora put the stuff away that she got at the Divine market. Dinner will be about 7 I suppose, there is no reason that I know of that will cause us to rise early tomorrow...


From denny's iPad...

No comments: