Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, October 1, 2010

'tis the second of October... I keep thinking it should be brisk in the morning...

Oct 02, 2010

Last night, the nose gave me a break, but the cold has moved into the cough stage now and unfortunately that keeps others awake. We take medication, but I truly believe that God has given us the cold to help us appreciate good health... Not really.

Nora wanted to sleep until 8am this morning, but was wide awake at a little before 7am and brought the baby into our bed, something that I still don't particularly like, I need a little time to wake up before being subjected to that much energy in a tiny bundle.

Today, we are supposed to pay the electricity bill and also buy the rice for the month... Nora told me she would buy either 1,400 or 1.500 p of rice... I reminded her that the budget calls for 1,400p to spend on the rice.

Actually I was just thinking about the budget... I figured it based on a 31 day month including the trans costs which actually are less than 31 days... for Kenneth it is 24 days and Joyce is 20 and Nora is 20 so hopefully that will allow a little surplus of money towards the end of the month.

I suppose that keeping this daily diary keeps me sane, at times, here with the children and everything else, it taxes my patience, I don't mean for it to, but it does. Sometimes I am short with Nora and that is probably a culmination of the weather, my cold, all the other things that are happening, my need for American or at least english stimulation... I am absolutely starved for a meaningful conversation with someone fluent with my language... here they try, but at best it is a compromise...

God is teaching me important lessons in this stay here in the Philippines. I appreciate it because in the end, when I have my family back home, I will be a better person and definetly a stronger man.

From denny's iPad...

No comments: