Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, October 8, 2010

"Hell Night" at home... (interesting honeymoon...)

Oct 09, 2010

If there truly is something called "Hell Night", then I must have experienced it last night. Yesterday morning, the baby started out the day with the best impression of an active volcano that I have ever seen... I have had occasions to lose the contents of my stomach before, but never have I actually seen a baby hurl... denny projectile vomited more food than I thought possible for him to have inside him.

This continued most of the day and then late afternoon he developed a fever of about 39 to 40˚ celcius which is around 101 to 102˚ or so. I believe some viral infection of the stomach maybe, as there was no diahrreah involved, touching him confirmed a very warm little body and sweating of the head confirmed that he was overheated. For some reason I cannot fathom, Nora is very resistant to cooling the baby using either a cold bath or a fan to help reduce the body temperature... I believe that the procedure is to cool the body first then treat the cause of the fever as the heat is destructive and can actually be fatal. (Leann, if you are reading this, can you confirm or deny my assumptions...) They should make prestone for children.

Long story short, Nora was up with him all night long... he would be quiet for at most 5 minutes then start crying again... No one in the house got any sleep so tempers today could be on the short side... I will put forth great effort to contain mine... Heat seems to bring out the worst in me so I will really need to watch my tongue.

Jenny and Joyce and the baby are just about to leave for the clinic as it is first come first served. It is now 9:10am. Nora wants to go to the doctor about her breast at 10am but I think it will be later than that before we get there. I had planned on a nice trip to SM mall for Nora and I, but that may not go quite as planned due to the circumstances of last night.

She brought up the budget last night and according to her calculations, we should have an excess of about 2,400p per month, I need to look at that again as I really thought I had it nailed down but then I make mistakes so perhaps... but I am usually pretty diligent about finances.

We are in great hope that the baby will have a good night tonight as another without sleep could be foul...

From Denny's iPad

1 comment:

Leann said...

I am sorry to hear things are not going well with the baby. You are correct in that it is important to get the fever under control. But also as you stated kids are pretty resiliant. High fevers can produce seizures so it is important, again, to get the fever down. Most viruses run their course within a 24 to 48 hr period. Be sure they are not giving him any milk products as it simply curdles in the stomach. Ice water, ice chips, or even juice. They can become dehydrated quickly.
I hope by bedtime he is in a better humour so a few people get some sleep. Hang in there.