Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, October 25, 2010

Immigration day and Mall hopping perhaps... Another week begins.

Oct 26, 2010

Yesterday afternoon remained uneventful, we never did make it to the SM mall as Nora just didn't feel like going there or anywhere for that matter. She was tired after doing the laundry and I can understand that.

We retired just before 10pm, I took a couple of tylenol PM pills as my back was acting up somewhat. I remember getting up once to use the bathroom, and it seems like I felt drugged (which I was, albiet mildly). I woke at 5:40am this morning and laid in bed for about 10 minutes then got up. Nora is in the bath now and we are on schedule as near as I can tell. We should leave the house right about 7am.

Immigration will be the first stop, our appt is at 10am and that is to get the one year extension on my stay here and get the iCard application on the way to processing... supposed to take anywhere from 2 weeks to 2 months to get one.

After Immigration is done, we will head to St. Lukes clinic and see if they will see Nora a little early. Once that is done, we will go to the SM mall in Manila, Nora tells me that there are many malls in Manila so we will surely find one fairly close to St. Lukes clinic.

After that, I am not sure what we have planned, I think we have to go and pay for Kenneths next term in College but if we don't do it today, perhaps tomorrow. I don't know the time frame that we have to pay it. Kenneth will go to the school today to give them whatever information and a picture for his student I.D. card.

I will update this if anything of significance occurs during the remainder of the day...

We got to Immigration early so went to have some coffee before the appointment time of 10:00am.  The attorney was late, so it was about 10:40 before we got to see him.  He told me that I needed to go to the Philippines counsulate to have the divorce papers verified and we haggled back and forth about that for awhile and then, Nora said something to him which escaped me and then he asked her where she lived and come to find out that they both live in the same area and somehow, thru witchcraft or Voodoo or philippine magic, the requirements that we discussed seemed to evaporate.  Now, we are to call the phone number in two weeks to see if we are approved... I don't for the life of me understand except that somehow they made a connection and cut thru the red tape. It will be interesting to me to see if, in two weeks, my application for a non-immigrent visa gets approved sans a visit to the philippine counsulate by me. We then went to St. Lukes clinic and Nora once again cheated the inevitable and was seen very quickly.  We then went to the Mall that is close to St. Lukes clinic and spent a couple hours including having lunch, there.  We then came home and arrived here about 2:45pm.  Nora is with the baby and the yard is full of little brown bodies playing an assortment of games that baffle me.  I believe that children of all different cultures devise games to occupy themselves and if we look deeply inside our memories, we played games of a similar but different name when we were young. Have a wonderful time where ever you are my friends.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

cathy said...

I went yesterday to check on mom and she wasn't doing well. Her heart rate was high and they decided to do an electrical shock today and that seems to have worked. Mow it is just getting her off the breathing machine and the pain meds. She was not alert at all yesterday and today she is running a fever. They are trying to figure out what is causing it. Thanks for asking about her. We are taking one day at a time.