Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

College Tuition, AC Mall and the always dreaded "Halo Halo'...

Oct 27, 2010

Last night proved peaceful, Nora was tired and went to sleep quickly and I followed shortly thereafter. Slept pretty well, it wasn't really cool, but also no the stifling heat that sometimes lingers all night long.

I woke before 7am and got the coffee for us, Nora was much more reluctant to release her grasp on sleepville. She is up now and talking to someone who called... I don't know who yet, but will when the call ends and she shares that with me.

Today, we will go to Kenneths College, obtain the deposit slip then put his tuition money in the China bank afterwhich we will take the deposit slip from the bank back to the College so that they can annotate his account as paid in full. This, to the best of my knowledge, will be the last time he attends college here in the Philippines as their semesters are 6 months long.

Today is my late mothers's birthday she would be in her 89th year. I miss you mom. I hope you are happy and healthy there with our Lord.

Not much else is actually planned for today, perhaps I can get the contact information for Korean Air and possibly go there this week yet to reschedule my return flight to the States.. I don't know what date yet so there will be some discussion with them regarding the options that I have open. I purchased the ticket on May the 15th and it is supposed to be good for up to a year.

I don't know what the weather is supposed to be like here today, but it seems to follow a pretty predictable pattern... Hot and humid or Humid and hot so my choices are few and consistent.

Enjoy what you do today for if you dally, the opportunity may not present itself again...

Later Gators ;)


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello to the Stanley clan......I have just finished and/or catching up on your blog. My goodness, what a menagerie of eventful things that happen in your life. I do so enjoy reading them though. At times I really feel for you, but even through those times, your wistful way of telling it always brings a smile to my face and laughter to my heart. You should really think about publishing these when you return. Good reading.

The time in the Bay Area was a lot of fun, especially the party that started Saturday early afternoon and went until the late hours of that day. Lots of laughter, chatting , drinking, more drinking...and then, of course, the food and then the wedding cake as a topper !

Everything was very good and several people helped out making the evening a total success. Bonnie and Ed had to have felt many proud moments as the evening evolved.

Sunday went smoothly with late sleep for all of us and when I got up, there was nice hot coffee waiting...Oh, yes, my foo foo coffee of those who know me. David and Laure got up and we all had something to eat together. Then, they were busy packing up their stuff as they were moving to the city, (San Francisco) that day. Ed was driving the car filled with things as the two of them have motorcycles and soon they all took off...in the light rain I may add.

It is so nice to see their love blossoming more and more. They make a great team or as Ed would say...One vagabond meets another vagabond. They will spend 9 months here and the remainder of the year in Europe. David runs summer tours there. What a life !

It is so nice that we have you two to watch evolve as a new family. All the exciting things and new adventures I know will prove wonderful for all of us.

The times and trials that you are going through now will only bring you closer. As with all of us, one can really appreciate and love "Home". As nice and enjoyable as it was for us on our recent travels....it was ever so nice to be back home.

Much Love........