Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ka-Ching at every line and door you pass.

Oct 20, 2010

A very busy day, and it started at 5am this morning, my alarm on my phone went off and I tried to open my eyes but found I could not, for a brief moment terror, but not long lived... I finally pried the lids open and located my phone to turn off the alarm.

Rising from bed, I set the water to boil for the morning coffee and then commenced to try to pry Nora from her comfort zone, mainly sleep.

We skipped breakfast and left the house about 6:30 or so. The cripple at the end of the lane gave us a ride to the bus (luckily this time an AC equipped one) and we were off to Manila. Once in the city, Nora hailed a Jeepster that took us to the BI and it was then that the day began to be long in the tooth.

After going to line after line, we had the forms needed then needed to go to an attorney to draw up an official letter from Nora requesting the powers to be to process my request for extended stay, that being the first step in getting an iCard. Every line I stood in managed to lighten my wallet... the day eventually cost me a little over 10,000p with yet another 8,000p needing to be spent. We left the BI with an appointment date for next Tuesday at 10am in room 401 for an interview (part of the approval process and fund gathering routine I think)

We then went in search of some groceries and after that to locate the ribbon that Joyce needs for the project at highschool... hard to find item believe it or not.

Nora finally located the ribbon and once she gathered me from the store, we finally headed back to Marilao. The bus coming home was also AC so that made the trip easier... Nora is so tired though, she fell asleep on the bus. Been a long couple of days for us.

We will probably have spaghetti for dinner tonight. I did buy a can of spam so we will see how the family likes that. My most recent memories of it are quite old... perhaps they've changed it a little... although I actuall doubt that.

It is now 3:08 PM and I will post this, much later than usual, but at least you will know of the days doings.

As the afternoon progressed nothing out of the ordinary happened, Nora and the kids were busy doing the facebook thing... I might mention at this time that brining two iPhones and an iPad here and providing the family with a wireless internet connection has certainly given them something to enjoy.  They all have facebook accounts and Nora is activily pursuing a career in FarmVille while Kenneth is able to keep up with his classmates and Joyce has been putting pictures on her page as well as does Jenny... it is though, a double edged sword, as much pleasure as the wireless provides, it is also a major distraction to daily interactivity... something I will probably need to address in some way in the near future. Advances in technology bring not only convenience to our lives, it also manages to interject a dark and insidious net around us that can and often does separate us from reality. Enough !!  I sleep now. From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting and busy day for you both. Iam happy that you were able to ride in some air-conditioned vehicles. Let me know how the family liked the spam.....still a Hawaiian favorite !!

Happy to hear that everyone is enjoying their Facebook accounts.....you and I also love technology.

Suz just left from a nice hour visit. She is a great friend and means a lot to me. I am trying to revieve and save my Bonsai Tree as I did not want Suzie lifting it to take outside and water it. It was very dry and prickly to the touch when we got home. I have been giving it mega doses of an iron spray and VF-11 every day in my saving effort. Wish me luck.

We love all of you and will chat soon.....