Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wet and dreary and maybe also WET !!!

Oct 21, 2010

We woke at about 6:30 or close to 7am this morning. Slept good and the weather, due to the massive rainfall, was cooler which makes sleep come easier.

Nora was up and had coffee going and was busy checking her facebook, seems ritualistic anymore. Got breakfast over and starting to get the day in order... she approached me for an advance of budget (which comes tomorrow) and I refused as there was no pressing need for her to spend more money today. I will give her the weeks money tomorrow, which Friday and the day she normally gets it.

Alex came by about 9:30 or closer to 10 and was ready to leave for the Asian plaza and the store where he sells most of his cookies and then on to Manila to pick up 50kilos of sugar to put together the next order.

I got home about 12:35 or so and Nora, bless her little brown heart had left for St. Lukes clinic to keep her appointed date with DOT. I sent her a text msg thanking her for keeping her appt. I know it was raining hard here when she left so she had to be not too happy about going. She doesn't like getting wet, but then who does??

I want to go to SM on Saturday morning and this time I am buying her a rain coat and hat... hopefully something that will fold up into a small package and be convenient for her to carry with her. The rainy season is not going away anytime soon so it is something she really needs to have. Also, we need to finally get Kenneth a battery for the Sony phone.

I want to look in the Divine market for a couple of the outside brooms, one will be used to clean the drains in the CR so that the water can drain properly... I should look for some drain cleaner too.

Kenneth is using my iPhone right now, a privilege I didn't give earlier but have decided to be more open in sharing it with the family as after all, it is just a phone and not some greatly prized item... expensive yes but that is all. My priorities seem to be changing, I wish it would happen quicker but at least it is happening.

I will post this now... perhaps I will add more later or maybe not... depends on the remainder of the day.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello dear brother......I am happy to hear that you are sleeping better with the cooler weather; at least that is something good happening.

It was nice that you texted Nora and told her you were happy that she kept her appointment. I think it is a very good idea that you buy her some rain gear. That may just make it easier for her to venture out when the weather is not sunny. I laugh at her thinking about the wicked witch of the North in The Wizzard of Oz, and that the rain would melt her.

It is wonderful that you are sharing your IPhone with Kenneth. I am sure that he is being very careful with it and must really feel good that you are sharing it with him. You are doing the right thing in building a very good, close, trusting relationship with your new family. A very positive move on your part !!!

It was great talking with you once again last evening. I will make it a point to write Nora a note on her Facebook page.

I will be doing a few things today in getting ready to go to Ed and Bonnie's. They have guest from Arkansas coming in on Monday afternoon, so Gareth and I will be leaving that day to make room for their new guests and the adventures they will be doing.

I was pondering in my mind our first holidays together and I look so forward to that. You and Nora can decide where as it does not matter to me as long as we can be together. I am not sure what we will be doing this holiday season as Bonnie and I have just started talking about it.

I doubt that I will be holding our puppy in my arms at Christmas. it is becoming pretty apparent that puppies are mostly born in the Spring and Summer months.

Well, I will go and try to find a vase I want that I put in a very safe spot now. Much love to all.................