Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, October 18, 2010

The storm is passsing, no appreciable damage here

Oct 19, 2010

Well, we thought the storm would miss us, but during most of the night it rained and blew hard enough to make me wonder. I don't know what the rainfall amount was, but I can tell you it sure was hard... it finally let up about 4:20am. I had my alarm set for 5am to get Joyce up for her 6am school time (can you imagine an American kid going to school at 6am???).

We have experience numerous brown outs since about the time it quit raining. I am not sure but suspect that they are storm induced and will likely continue most of the morning.

It appears that we will be going to the Immigration department of the Philippines tomorrow but that could change to today, I don't know for sure yet. We may be on candle power for a little while The worst thing about a brown out is the loss of the cooling of the fans.

I should write a book of the experiences I have had and will continue to have here in the Islands.

It was sure nice to see the 3 copies of our Marriage Certificate on NSO paper... that makes it all totally legal. Being married under Philippines law is much different than the laws that encapsulate the American idea of marriage... I like this one better because it at least has some substance and expectations... those values have eroded from the institution of marriage in America today... I feel it is so sad to have foregone those values and don't know if we, as a people, will ever recapture that commitment.

I cannot post this at this time: 6:32 AM but will when we get the internet back again.

From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you had a very interesting night....I was going to say that when we have stormy nights here, we sleep quite well, however, that storm may have kept me up sitting on the edge of my bed or perhaps even jumping under it!

Happy to hear though that your home did not float down the street ! My wrist feels good today but i am very happy to take my Vicodin every 4-6 hours. Today will be a rather calm, laid-back day mostly relaxing. Our plans are still holding to leave for the Bay Area on Thursday to help Bonnie prepare for David and Laura's reception o Saturday.

Please give a big hug to Nora for me, and then have her give you a big hug from me. Much love to both of you from us !!!