Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, November 8, 2010

Fighting the goverment Tigers...

Nov 09. 2010

It is now 6:47 AM. I must say we slept pretty well, it was warmer than usual, but not stifling hot.

Nora has this little what I would classify as a baby quilt that we are currently using as a blanket for early in the morning when our bodies have cooled to the point of feeling a chill from the fan. The interesting thing about the blanket is that it is only about 5' long and maybe 4 1/2' wide. Trying to cover two bodies, one that is 74" long makes for an interesting time. It can be done diagonally, but as one can imagine, that tends to leave large portions of human real estate with no cover at all... I will be glad when we change to a larger sheet/blanket.

Nora told me yesterday that she finally got hold of someone in immigration and they said that our application had not been submitted by the attorney we say two weeks ago... so today, we both go to Manila and to immigration to see what the story is. I can imagine that if like most of my dealings with this government, I will be required to resubmit and repay all the same stuff again but we shall see. 'tis a magical world we live in my friends.

I am not certain what time we will depart the apartment for town, but it will certainly be geared to whatever urgency My wife feels is necessary.

Coffee is in the works, but Nora is ouside buying fish from a local vendor... they go door to door carrying 5 gallon buckets full of fish to sell the local residents. Gosh, those buckets must be heavy after a bit I would imagine, but one does what needs to be done to make a living, meager though it is. Be thankful my friends for what you have and... what you don't have.

More will surely be added as the day progresses... perhaps my imagination will flourish as the day gains momentum.


From denny's iPad...

No comments: