Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Fog, water 'fall' and xRays... what a day.

Nov 12, 2010

For Nora the remainder of yesterday was just tedious, she finished at St. Lukes clinic about 11:30 and from there went to DFA to have her passport renewed and her status changed from widowed to married. She told me there were over 3,600 applicants there yesterday... she didn't get to leave DFA until after 6:30pm... and they still had almost a thousand people to process. With that many people applying for a passport or passport modifications, and I cannot help but feeling this is a normal day, that the Philippines is a much more popular place to be from rather than going to.

Anyway, she got home about 8pm and had a splitting headache so I gave her a couple of Excedrin and massaged her temples.. in about 30 minutes she was feeling better and took a bath and redied herself for bed...

••• On to this day, we slept pretty well as it had cooled off due to a rain storm and sleeping, although still much akin to lying on the rack inside and oven set on low was at least more tolerable than some other nights. Nora seemed to sleep very well, cover hog that she is.

One exciting thing that happened (for the second time) is that the 5 gallon water jug managed to fall off the stool we set it on and dumped a copious amount of water on the floor that we had to clean up before going back to bed... As I mentioned in previously penned posts, excitement abounds on a daily basis here...

This morning I awoke before the 6am alarm I had set last night. I got the water boiling and fixed our coffee then roused the kids, Joyce and Kenneth as they go with Nora this morning to St. Lukes clinic for their quarterly chest xrays. It will be Jenny, the brat and I for the majority of the day.

As it is busy here this morning, I shall close this post with well wishes to each of you... God bless and stay safe.

•••  ••• Well, Nora and the kids got home about noon or shortly thereafter.  Nora was tired so nappy time came and she awoke about 2:45pm and we decided to go to Marilao to a dermatologist... that one wanted 350p for one consultation... we chose to go to SM to the place we were at last time.  After the consult which was also 350p (with one followup visit included) my total bill including their own brand of pharmaceutical creams and ointments came to a staggering 2,800p.  Their Anti-biotic skin wash was almost 1,200p.  Found one at another store after we had left for 495p so we will shop that one from now on. We then went to Chow King and each had a Halo Halo and Nora also had to have a sandwich... dang girl has an endless pit for a stomach I think or at least an overworked team of tape worms.  Earlier today, Nora went to get her cellphone from Kenneth and he didn't want to give it to her so I am banning him from using any devices until Monday... Hells bells, it isn't his phone anyway... tends to get a little bossy at times but he for sure knew that I was serious.  Sometimes you have to set the bar... End game is that I rule, right, wrong or otherwise and I hope it is mostly right.  But I am the first to apologize if I am in error so they see both sides of the filippin coin. Now we are home, it is 6:21 now and dinner is in the works... hava dandy evening ladies and gents...

From denny's iPad...

No comments: