Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Boxes and measurements and computer mail... my oh my !!!

Dec 08, 2010

Well even though it was noisy and windy, we eventually did go to sleep and slept pretty darn good also. We were awakened by our neighbor's loud scooter, idling right next to our bedroom (the only room) window... I must somehow speak to him about that, but in a way that won't create hard feelings.

Nothing save the visit from Globe is planned for today, Nora will go to St. Lukes clinic and the hours will dwindle by. I have cabin fever but no solution. If we can get this internet problem fixed, things will probably be better but for not it's the pits.

Called Lollie, trying to explain to her that Apple mail program is not a mail server and that all it does is go to the ISP provider and pick up the mail and then make it available on the desktop and also allows you to configure what happens to and where you store the mail you receive, such as mailboxes, sounds played when certain mail arrives, and catagorizing as you design...

She called me back to find out what size box LBC has and I always had thought that it was 2x2x3' but actually, after measuring it I found it to be 18X20" which worked for me but they might have to get a bigger box than that unless they are willing to crunch the stuff they got so it will fit... or ship two boxes.

In either case, I wish I could be of more help to her when she has problems, but from here, and only having an iPad or iPhone to work with the programs I have are not the full blown programs that are available on the iMac and other full sized computers.

Never fail to write and ask though Sis, I will do my very best to help you... I Love you and all you and Gareth are doing to help us...

p.s. I just ordered our January budget from RemitHome... $800 (I set it to process on the 28th of Dec as we won't return until the 2nd of Jan.)

I may post more later or maybe not... depends.

From denny's iPad...

No comments: