Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Document from My Writing Nook: Dec 23, 2010

Dec 23, 2010

Rough evening and night for Nora, she has had an upset stomach ever since the bus ordeal and diahhrea also and so far the imodium has not slowed it much. She has much gas that accompanies it along with stomach cramps which seems typical of having a bug or stomach virus that is fermenting a little. Hopefully she will be better today as there is a lot of shopping yet to be done and she would not be very happy if she missed that because nobody else would likely do it.

It rained lightly yesterday afternoon, the temperature here in Basud is lower that what we've experienced in Bulacan and Marilao although the southern regions being closer to the coast are typically cooler.

She didn't want anything to eat yesterday when we were in Daet, that in itself is a landmark occasion. She normally cannot and will not miss the opportunity to eat something.

Well, this house is like totally full of little munchkins and all of them have their volume controls stuck on 'blast em out' and there seems no relief in sight... they are in good spirits, now that they have cousins to see and visit and play with so that is good and it is a great change for my family to have different relatives to see.

It is busier than I like, but it is at the same time nice to be part of a loving and caring family again... 5 years almost I was just alone with no-one save my McDonald's friends... Thank you Lord for the abundance you have given me.

Nora has just gone thru some of Joyce Anne's older clothes and given a bunch to Edlin, that will make Ate Linda happy I am sure as they don't really have the money to give for new clothes.

We, Nora and I, sleep in a much smaller (single) bed so I am thankful that it is cooler here because she is like a little blast furnace. She would make a great partner if we lived in Alaska. 'cept she would melt the igloo.

She just told me that she wants to go see an eye doctor about her vision and the grainy feeling she has been experiencing in her eyes as of late. It is awfully dusty where we live in Marilao and she walks thru that every day to catch the Jeepster to take to the bus stop on her journey to Manila...

Yesterday, I walked behind father's house to the one that Al and Eilene built.. it is really nice and will be a wonderful home for them once it is finished... it is almost done now, but there is still the finishing touches on the inside and the outdoor cooking room and CR. The tile on the floors in the bedrooms and the main CR are really nice too. At some point, they will paint the inside and that will make a tremendous difference. Al told me he has already put 1 million Pesos into the building and materials and labor of it.

We went to Daet, to the Central Plaza grocery store and afer about 2 hours we had spent 3,000p on various foods and candies to hand out on Christmas day. We stopped at Lehman's meat market and Nora got some meat then we stopped at the Restaurant at the hotel and had some birds nest soup (so called anyway) It is a good soup with some quail eggs in it. We had bought some plain saltene crackers for Nora as they would be bland enough to not aggrevate her tummy.

On the way home, we stopped and filled up a 5gal water carboy, a new place, only opened for 1 month... the other one, by Lehmans, had closed it's doors. After coming home and unloading the various items, we went to a new pharmacy in Basud where Nora got some pills for her stomach. I had bought two packages of hard mints to keep for her and I, but the kids got hold of them and so now I have nothing at all... I have to guard what I want to keep, as nothing seems sacred and everything is up for grabs... I told Nora I wanted them just for us as we had bought ample stuff for the kids but that wish went in one ear and out the other. She doesn't listen well and we will have to address that fact at some point. Perhaps that is enough of a rant for today, but I needed to tell somebody and you are a good audience.

Good bye for now, I will write again tomorrow and hopefully of more joyous things.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: