Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Document from My Writing Nook: Dec 26, 2010 *

Dec 26, 2010 *

We slept good last night, but of all the things that I would ever have imagined that I would experience here, in the Philippines, the last thing I could have imagined is developing a case of 'Shingles', and this morning, I looked (as I was itchy) and both sides of my upper torso are covered with little bumps that itch... none on my back or on my chest, just on the sides. I've read that shingles affects people in different ways in the way it makes itself known.

Anything from one side, to the back only or the belly only but now I know that there is yet another combination of pain and discomfort that can be displayed by this long dormant cousin of the Measles group... amazing !!!

I gave Nora the remainder of the money I promised her for the Christmas/New Years expenses, mainly 4,000p. I also told her that there is no more money to be spent while here in Basud.

Anyway, today we went to the Central Mall and Nora and I had some soup at the HotPot and used their free WiFi service and then she went to the Supermarket to do some normal shopping and also to get some things for the New Years dinner also. I waited for her in the waiting area in the front of the market and just observed different people as they came and went doing their shopping.

When she was finished, we sat in the tri-cab outside the HotPot restaurant and continued to use a little of their WiFi and then we decided to go home. We were going to stop and fill up the water jugs, but the place we discovered the other day was closed so we sent her nephew into Daet to get water. The culmination of the day was spent inside as it was raining most of the time. Unfortunately, here where Father's house lies is a low area and the local flooding of the yard is something we deal with also... Makes walking around and such difficult.

We had dinner about 7pm and then watched TV. I went to bed about 10pm and Nora followed shortly thereafter.

Keeping this journal is something that allows me to recap and perhaps come to grips with the various things that happen, planned and unplanned each day. Some of the entires I realize are shorter than others, but then again, not every day is action packed with jaw gripping events either... much of what happens here is mundane and boring and thus does not warrant a place on the page. It does allow me to vent at times and rave at other times depending on the unfolding drama of the moment. I hope that it is not too boring a read for you and perhaps someday I will go back and read it myself.

It is after 4am in the morning of the 27th (I will explain later after I get up why I am writing this at this ungodly hour)... Good Night all.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: