Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Document from My Writing Nook: Dec 31, 2010

Dec 31, 2010

New Years Eve... another year has managed to crawl thru my existance and leave with me experiences that I would have never guessed to have. Love has blossomed, Marriage occurred and vast travel. It's been a good year, not one I would have elected to do had not my heart lead me here. Often times, the trips we make are not of a logical nature but rather a emotional commitment we make thru lived circumstance. I am happy so far, but I also have far to go to reach the culmination of this complicated journey... I have a good woman at my side and children to raise once again... it is different as the cross cultural differences make life challenging, patience is paramount and understanding comes at a price...

We had a good evening last night, we were close and happy and tired. The rain lulled us to sleep, we had one minor brown out but mostly everything was quiet and peaceful... At this time I praise God for all that I have experienced and especially for the fact that the neighbor dog has been moved to their new home, behind ours and adjacent to the rice field... no longer must we listen to him bark at fleas and air bubbles and moving leaves and every other thing he can imagine... his incessant barking has often brought the thoughts of canine murder foremost in my mind. The dreams of throttling that dog has often brought a smile to my face and now, and only now, that thought has perished from my mind... Thank you God, from me, and the dog...

Today will be spent preparing a celebratory meal to say goodbye to the old year and hearald in the new one... we all have hopes for a wonderful 2011 and I pass those on to each of you who might take a moment to read this crazy and zany journal that is a mirror of the life I live here... May God bless you, each and every one and may all your dreams, real or imagined come true this next year.

Nora is in process of finishing up some laundry this morning, she had started it yesterday prior to us going to Daet and worked a little on it after we returned home... I am hoping to convince these children that there is no need to change clothing 3 times a day after we get to the States, the weather is so mild that they won't have to deal with the dampness that is humidity created.

I will write more if something of interest happens later... we will probably have some breakfast soon, it is now 8:30 AM .

The typically familiar toasted egg and slice of mystery meat sandwich sufficed for breakfast, fried/cooked by Kenneth as usual. God will they be amazed when in the States... Flies and more flies... they are driven inside by the incessant rainfall. Everywhere you turn there are flies, by the thousands in the house, on the bed, the walls, the ceilings, on the food, the table, the cooking surfaces... everywhere you look they are and they are bold, not timid... Of all Gods creatures, what purpose serves the fly?? I know not. Nothing remains untouched by them... Hate them? of course, but there are so many.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: