Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Success !!!! Happiness flows today, the I-130 is filed !!!

Feb 10, 2011

Last night, Nora slept lousy, about 3:00am, she got up to use the CR and then couldn't go back to sleep which led her to cuddle up to me and then spaz out with leg jerks and whinning about not being able to sleep... needless to say my nights sleep suffered also... trying to be totally compassionate to someone when you've been jousted from a most rewarding sleep is nearly impossible or at least I found it to be so. I did hold my tongue, with both hands mind you as I reminded her that I had been snoozing peacefully until her spazmodic attack on my body... To little avail did my words go, she continued to snuggle closer and spaz out even more... eventually she did sleep, though I am not sure whether she just passed out or actually settled down and drifted off peacefully.

I got up at 5:00am, the alarm was set for 5:30, but how can you get back to where you were in 1/2 hour??... I took a bath and dressed then Nora got up at 5:30 and proceeded to make coffee and get bathed and dressed for the trip to the US Embassy... I double checked to make certain that I had all the appropriate paperwork, my wallet etc...

We left the house promptly at 6:30am (one of the few times she actually has made it on time), hooked up to a Jeepney and caught a bus that was nearly empty for the ride to Manila where we took a cab to the Embassy.

We were at the DHS window at about 8:30am, half hour early and they looked at all the paperwork I submitted, sent us to make copies of several documents then the American guy that I saw before reviewed everything and found that I was missing pages 5 and 6 of the divorce decree for Julie and I... I frantically searched my sactchel and managed to find them misplaced and gave them to him... He made copies of what he needed and I said 3 Hail Mary's and Whoooopie and he said that we could file the I-130 app there in Manila... I took the paperwork and went to the cashier and gave her my Visa card which she gladly abused horribly then returned the bloodied and ragged card to me... I left that window $1,260.00 lighter in my wallet and went back to the DHS window and turned everything in...

The Gent there (a helluva nice filipino guy) told me that it would be between 3-6 months and they would notify me by mail when it was finished... The American guy told me that I should not have to file an I-129F form... we will see what the Dept of State says when the I-130 is approved (God willing it will be).

From there, we went to Jollibee and had a little lunch or late breakfast and then walked over to St. Lukes clinic for Nora to take her meds and on the way bought 3 pirate CD's to watch at home. We then caught a Jeepney to the bus terminal where we boarded an AC equipped bus (also empty so seating was great) and headed home...

A terrific day, I am happy and satisfied and now the only thing I am waiting for is my medication... I still need to find out if I can file my taxes here in Manila though.

Have a wonderful day and a better evening and thanks for stopping by...

~ denny


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: