Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Tuesday and Uncle and Ate will appear bringing grandson to stay...

Feb 22, 2011

Today is Tuesday here in Marilao, Monday for you folks in the States. Slept well after an evening that proved quiet and enjoyable... Nora and I chatted quite awhile after going to bed, she sometimes is quite talkative, depending on what is roaming around in her thought locker. (mind).

It was warm when we retired, but this morning, the temps had cooled and it was nice sleeping. The factory had an order being picked up early, I think about 5am or 6. After that, sleep was at best fitful... We got up and moving about 7:30.

Uncle Edwin and Ate Linda and their grandson Kiggen (the son of Lilibeth) are to arrive today, I am not sure what time though as I believe, according to Nora, they are driving the Jeep here. Kiggen will apply for work overseas and live here in this complex until such time as he is accepted for work... that could be upwards of a year according to Nora.

It should prove to be an interesting day. I know that they have no money so if any entertaining were to occur, it would be at my behalf and expense. I don't have any planned though.

I cannot think of anything in particular that is planned for today outside of their arrival. I heard that Uncle plans to build a bedroom back in the factory to facilitate Kiggen living here as all the apartments are taken up. I am so glad I rented the sleeper now.

Today is my daughter, Melissa's 26th birthday... I see in her a certain maturity that is evolving. I see it in her writing and her planning and the way she is conducting her life in general... I hope that the relationship that we have will evolve also. Contrary to what I often say, I do truly love her and want only the very best for her as I do for all my children, those in the States and the new ones here in the Philippines.

I gave Nora her budget last night, it was due her this morning, but she got it yesterday as we were talking about it anyway. She now receives 5,500p per week. I used to give her the entire months budget at once and she would invariably run out of money at about the 22nd day into it. Now she does much better. I have decided that I will be the money person in our family, I've been down the road of letting someone else do all the bill paying and managing of money and damn near lost everything...

It wasn't until Julie left and I was forced to take over the finances that I got everything paid up and reversed my credit rating to one that is outstanding today... I am proud of that and plan to keep it that way too.

Lollie and Gareth got back from Reno, had a wonderful time and learned a lesson about tire chains... they come off the wheel on the outside of the tire (towards you) rather than the inside... but now, they know.

Have a great day everyone...

••• Well, history tends to repeat itself and in the case of Alex Ribaya, it is unrelentingly true... today, he tells me that he cannot repay the 6,000p on Wed and needs to extend that credited amount until Friday... I told him that was OK, but that I have, with the consent of Nora, decided to limit the ceiling of loans to 5,000p and if one of either he or Ana his wife, has borrowed that amount then no further funds are available until the others's debt is paid in full.  I will not allow us to overextend ourselves to appease the lifestyle of Alex and his lovely wife.

From denny's iPad... (my demented mind)

No comments: