Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Yes, it is another one, one of those dreaded 'Mondays'... closer we come to the end.

Mar 21, 2011

Well after breakfast yesterday, I went with Alex to Santa Maria to the 'Grotto' church and bazzar where he had some deliveries to make, Angelo and Kiggen went with us. The drive there was testy as the Sunday morning traffic was thick... what I did notice was a marked improvement in the road surface and a generally cleaner environment. Many little towns but it seemed that they were somewhat nicer than Divine.

Once there, Alex made the rounds, the overall theme of course is Catholic/religious. It is the area surrounding Divine and Santa Maria that a trek will be made on foot by over 1 million filipino people in obserance of Holy week.

I bought Nora and each of the children a rosary of wooden beeds and then bought Nora a folding sun hat that she can keep in her purse. (pink of course).

We returned here a little after 1pm and Nora fixed me some rice and some type of soup for lunch. The laundry lady was almost done and the clothes were hanging... I fixed the clothes lines with bits of cloth attached by wire to each end and coated that contraption with used motor oil... that keeps the red ants from traveling from the Mango trees over the wire. Nothing is a worse surprise than pulling on a pair of shorts to find that a big red ant has taken residence before you.

Ruping, Alex's father in law, brought a delivery box van over that he had purchased and employed all the boys from the factory to help him clean the exterior of it (aluminum box) they stripped the side panels of the advertising panels then scrubbed the aluminum to remove the residue... quite a job as they had no chemicals to help in the process outside of a little gasoline and hand soap... A full day they worked on that thing.

Ruping is a buyer and seller of salvage, mostly junk but he does manage to make some money doing it. He is a nice enough guy and used to be a Jeweler and local politician. Now he spends much time here with friends, playing cards or Majhoong. He has a tendency to drink too much though. Has a heart of galvanized gold I think... whatever that might alude to.

The afternoon passed quietly, not much happening, played with baby for a little and drank a couple of San Miguel beers with Ruping and the boys as the knocked off for the day and commenced to kill a couple fifths of light brandy, the favorite drink here. I have never tasted the stuff myself although they have offered it to me more times than I can count.

About 8pm I retired to the apt, bathed and started to read some more of my iPad book. Nora came about 8:30 and used the iPad to update her farms and do her Facebook stuff. At 9pm I gave her an Ambien and by 9:15 she was loopy. She slept very soundly last night which is a first for her in several days. We both slept pretty good last night.

I am enjoying my morning coffee and pancakes are in the making as I write this...

Being Monday, a new week is starting which will put us yet closer to the goal of leaving here and returning to my, soon to be our home. I just told Nora that tomorrow I am going to go to US Embassy to see what is next or further required for us regarding the I-130.

So much for the haps here in the Philippines. Maybe something exciting will happen today, if so, I will let you know.


From denny's iPad...
(my demented mind)

No comments: