Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, April 29, 2011

End of yet another Month... May will be exciting for us...

Apr 30, 2011

The remainders of yesterday were actually uneventful, Nora went to St. Lukes clinic and upon her return, she made a trip to the market with Loren to pick up stuff for dinner.

One thing did happen and I really got upset at everyone about it and that was when Nora was hurrying from the living room to the kitchen and slipped on a section of wet floor that everyone had ignored or at least not seen... she fell and of course dropped the plate she was carrying... Needless to say it scared the holy shi@ out of me and I did not notice anyone getting up to see what had happened to her and that fact alone pissed me off beyond belief... I unleashed the fury of 1,000 demons on the children for not making sure that they wiped up spills on the slick floor and then I beat the hell out of them with a guilt club for not getting up off their dead asses to see what had happened to their mom... I was a force to be contended with at that particular moment.

Luckily, she did not injure herself, but Lord how it scared me. After I cooled off, about 15 minutes, I apologized to each of the children while at the same time reinforcing the fact that they must make sure that liquids are wiped dry from the floor because the linoleum covering it, when wet, is like oil. I also explained to them that I would have been just as upset if it had happened to any of them and further told them that I love them and don't want anyone of them hurt due to the lax way that cleanup is performed... No crow was eaten by yours truly, just a calm and rational explanation was offered in the wake of the nuclear detonation that was my anger and a result of having years added to my already ancient frame. All is well now, but I assure you, they got the message loud and clear...

We slept very well last night even though it was hot, once you finally do go to sleep it isn't so noticeable...

We will be going to the Mall today, "Thor" is playing and I want to see that plus I need to print some information for the I-864 form, from Wells Fargo and LinnCo to help substantiate my ability to support my newly acquired family...

Have a wonderful day, each of you !!


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well brother, I must say that I am so happy that Nora was not injured in the fall. Your reaction to the situation was absolutely right !!! The children really needed to know that this could have been a much more serious situation. And, not to even get up to check things out is beyond my belief !!!

You had every right to get very upset and leash out your demons upon them. They really needed to have a WAKE-UP call and Good for You...You gave it to them !!!!!