Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Friday today... Next week is the end of DOT for Nora.

May 06, 2011

My Gosh !! Nora and the kids didn't get home until 8pm last night... they didn't even leave St. Lukes clinic until after 6:30.

The good news of course is that Kenneth and Joyce were released from St. Lukes clinic and now I only need them to make it thru the Visa interview with no problems... Nora has expressed concern about me not having available my 2010 tax returns... I tried to explain to her that I have filed an extension for them and won't file until this coming October.

The information I have gleened from the Internet says that they want the most recent tax return of the applicant and for me, that would be 2009 which I have. I believe that my supporting documentation from Wells Fargo will or should be sufficient to prove income as required by USCIS.

Alex and Ana were fighting yesterday and that led to Alex getting roaring drunk and then damaging his right hand (I've no idea how) with a couple of deep holes (puncture wounds). I tried to get him to go to the Doctor for some stitches but he was beyond reason.

Then he gloms onto me, telling me how sorry he is and blubbering like all drunks do. I was compasionate, but at the same time disgusted to see a friend/relative fall to that level... There are not now and have never been any solutions in a bottle. All it does is distort reality for a day. I am glad that the bottle has never been my recourse when times have been tough.

The deal with Alex ended up in the lane with him trying to drag Ana by the hair back to their apartment and she wanted to stay at her fathers house... Just a mess, and believe it or not, caused by what??? money of course... If you've read this blog before, you know that Alex is always borrowing money to float and support his lifestyle which to me appears very self-centered... Not the kind of thing a Father and husband should do. Neither of them has the ability to manage their money and always are borrowing to get by... too bad they don't get a grip on that situation.

I like Alex and his family and it pains me greatly to see them succumb to the money issues. They could solve it with a little self control and managing but it appears that living in the moment is their guiding light.

Today is Friday, Nora's last day of the week and next week is her last of going to St. Lukes clinic. We have waited a long year for this time and I rejoice in it as does Nora.

Took a late night bath and then was able to sleep much better but not to say good.

I will go to SM Mall today and print out the savings page and another copy of the I-864 and then put together the tax package. Hopefully the Counsoler will be satisfied.

It looks possible that Nora and the kids will be able to leave the Philippines in June rather than July.

Well, have a great day,


From denny's iPad...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Too bad about the situation with Alex and Anna. The monster has reared its ugly head once again only to cause sadness and frustration.

It is a very difficult thing to know what to say or how to handle it. I think you did as good as could be expected.

May God bless them and watch over them.