Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Egay Strikes, moisture monsters attack, lives are in peril and flooding is rampant...

Jun 20, 2011

Torrential rain and a bedroom ceiling that leaks like a sieve.. more holes than a slice of vintage swiss cheese... No place to move the bed that wasn't leaked on. Amazing experiences I must admit, though I would gladly pass over if I had the opportunity... The Tropical depression known fondly as "Egay" is dumping copious amounts of water here in Metro Manila and outskirting areas of which Bulacan and Marilao to include the Sta Rosa areas of I and II. Unfortunately, the little Sleeper apartment that I rented for Nora and I has a very poorly constructed roof and so we suffer leakage... Great leakage!!!

My only salvation will be when this depression moves on and leaves us to the less comfortable but much dryer weather pattern... Hopefully all the wood will dry out and we will only have the heat and humidity (which now is hovering slightly over 100%) to complain about...

Nora wants to go to SM again today to see if 2 go courier is open so we can send the tax documents to the Embassy. Getting those off will get the ball rolling for Kenneth and Joyce's Visas. I need to print out my itinerary/ticket for my flight home also and I need to make 2 more copies of the Joint Sponsor package...

We chose not to sleep in the main apartment last night although it may have been the better idea... if it rains hard this afternoon and night I think we will. Memories of this experience will live with me hopefully for the rest of my life, to if nothing else, make me more appreciative of what I have and less envious of what I don't.

Nothing but gray sky... not a hint of clearing or sunshine... I think that Egay is not finished with us quite yet. The great rainfall does seem to clean the concrete outside though so I suppose that is a benefit. As I look out the door, the greenery is amazing, but the reason for it is equallly apparent. MOISTURE in abundance.

Well, Not much more to say, having coffee now and contemplating the impending events of the day... May the force be with you !!!


From denny's iPad...

No comments: