Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A rough night and bumpy road awaits us...

June 1 & 2, 2011

Wednesday, June 1... this day was not one of the better days we have had together... the whole issue of taxes and the fact that I chose to pospone filing them and the residual fallout from that decision has come to rest squarely in my lap. Nora blames me for the delay in getting the Visa's processed because the US Embassy insists on having a current tax filing even though I have an approved extension filed with the IRS. She is basically at the end of her emotional rope and the result has been a terrific strain on our relationship. I think that it has been coming to a head for some time now, all the little delays and problems seem to mount up. She didn't talk to me all last night and this morning is not proving to be much better.

I have tried to explain to her what is happening, but after I mentioned that Claudine would be on vacation from the 3rd to the 20th, she just really lost it. I don't believe the delay will be that much, a couple weeks at the most, but she has waited this extra year thanks to Medical reasons and now if we don't get the Visa's for the kids early this month we will have to take them to St. Lukes clinic for another chest x-ray which makes no sense to me as St. Lukes clinic has alread released them for the visa process.

I believe that there are times that Nora misunderstands things that she either hears from others or they are misinformed and just pass that misinformation to her. She is pissed, but whether all at me or at the whole situation is hard to get to the bottom of right now. I suppose giving her space will eventually assist in her calming down.

Last night she said she is tired of the process and doesn't want to go to America... a typical reaction I would think to over stressed nerves and a culmination of the frustration we have both suffered in this process. I am trying so hard to be strong for both of us but my gosh it is hard. After she told me that, I calmly told her that I was going back home this month and if she wrote or called and told me she didn't want to come to America that I would end the relationship, not write, or call or send support or be in touch with her ever again... Not a good response on my part but then it is the frustration of the whole convoluted process coming to a head... I later told her that I would never let her go, but that was after the fact.

She has decided to do laundry today, probably as a method of keeping busy and occupying her mind with something other than the fury she feels at the whole situation right now. I don't know what to say to her now, I have told her over and again to please be patient and that it will all work out fine, but at her present state of mind that just is not getting the job done... I feel so sorry for her, and she is right, if I had just listened to her and filed the taxes long ago this would be a none issue... but, I thought I was doing the right thing and the best thing for us as a family but who would have guessed that the US Embassy would not accept an IRS approved extension for the 2010 tax year??

I ask that you pray for us, especially for Nora who has put up with so very much in this process, pray for her strength, and her faith to be increased and pray that God take her hand and lead her thru this safely. Also pray that God impresses on her that I love her so deeply and want so much for her to be happy and blessed... Pray that her vision of the future of us together is bright and clear and happy...

It will work out, but gosh it seems that we picked a bumpy road this time...

Thanks for your prayers your thoughts and your continued love and support...

Money from remitHome came yesterday


From denny's iPad...

No comments: