Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Today is Wednesday and a beautiful day it is

Well I cannot say that I slept well last night I didn’t hear the text that Nora sent me and therefore I didn’t answer it so, about 5:30 AM this morning she called me because she was worried when I did not answer her text. I explained to her that I was sleeping and was in the middle of a dream and could not understand why my phone was ringing and it took me a moment or 2 to answer it. She has her tickets, unfortunately the travel agency raised the price 6000 pesos from yesterday until today when she bought them. Their reputation as being a very corrupt nation is well-deserved I am glad that this saga of our life is almost finished the last money she should have to pay in the Philippines is the 750 pesos each to use the airport facilities... they call it a travel tax. I went down to Kevin’s Café and had breakfast and surprisingly Lindsey, Mike’s daughter, works there and bought me breakfast which I thought was extremely nice of her I met her boyfriend/stud and he seems like a nice gentleman also much better than her choices of men in the past. The carpet place is installing the carpet at mom’s house this morning. I stopped by Rhodes Warden and started the landlord policy on the house. That will cost us about $318 a year. I had them mail the information to Lollie and Gareth so that they can reimburse me half of the expense. I have heard nothing yet from Mark Moreland regarding the Toyota, perhaps today he will call with the bad news. Tuesday will be a great day, Monday afternoon I will have Del take me over to Albany to enterprise where I can pick up my rental car and then I will leave at 5 AM Monday morning for Portland airport.

No comments: