Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Today is Tuesday and today Nora will have her tickets in her hand…

Well yesterday, the travel agent tried to put a little bit of salt in our ointment, by telling Nora that she could not use my Visa card to pay for the tickets. So I told her to give them enough money to hold the tickets until tomorrow and I will send you a money gram and then you can take Philippine pesos down and pay for the tickets.

So this morning, I transferred the necessary funds to my checking account and then went to Walmart where I purchased a money gram in the amount that she needed to complete the transaction at the travel agency and obtain the tickets for her flight on Tuesday morning. So this afternoon about 4 PM she will wake up and then I would imagine she will go to Manila about 10 AM to complete the transaction.

I told her to make sure and ask the travel agent about how much luggage she is allowed to take both check-in and carry-on. She may end up buying another bag or 2 if she is allowed more luggage on the aircraft. She will be flying via Delta Airlines. She is due to arrive in Portland Oregon at 8:35 AM Tuesday morning 30 August. I am excited!

I will probably hear from Moreland’s automotive today about how much it’s going to cost to get the Toyota back. Mark’s original estimate was about $1000 but I am actually expecting about $1500 hopefully, no more than that.

The folks installing the carpet at mom’s house should be there sometime around noon, I dropped a key to the house off at the store right after I had coffee this morning.

Stopped by the house mid-afternoon and saw that they had removed the old carpeting... the lady from the carpet store called and told me they would install Wedesday morning.

Nora left about 10am to pick up the funds and then head to Manila to pick up the tickets... Yea !!!

Enjoy your day.

No comments: