Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, October 30, 2011

October 30, 2011 8:35 AM Sunday morning it is raining and cold outside so we have decided not to attend church today…

I woke up this morning at about 7:21 AM, I think the kids moving around is what woke me up. 

I got up about 7:35 AM, after telling Nora that it was time to rise and shine. I got dressed and went out into the kitchen where Joyce was preparing hot chocolate. 

I made coffee and as it finished perking, Nora came out from the bedroom.

She poured the coffee as I was here at the computer checking e-mail. Because the weather is nasty outside we have decided not to attend church this morning. Later, after breakfast we will take to Mini Cooper down to Crocker’s motors were Cory can look at it.

I have come to the conclusion that getting an SUV at this time is not feasible because most of our traveling is done within the city limits and an SUV would only afford us about 16 miles per gallon and I cannot afford that kind of mileage. 

I told Nora that perhaps later, after she has a job we can revisit the idea of purchasing an SUV. They do have a very nice Chevrolet Impala at the lot that I am interested in and it would afford us about 22 miles per gallon in town and hopefully a little better than 30 out on the open road.

When I spoke to Cory about the Chevrolet I told him that I want to get enough difference to pay for our trip to California. I sent him about 9 pictures of the Mini Cooper yesterday via e-mail.

It is 8:35 AM now and we’ve not eaten breakfast yet.Well, we went to Crockers and ended up trading the Mini for a 2010 Chevy Impala program car… excellent car at least it seems to be, only 33k on the odometer and clean as a pin.  Got a little pocket change also so that made the deal sweeter.

Filled up the Chevy (ouch) $47.

Back home, took the kids to the dollar store and they blew their $5 on candy and chips… not a good choice, but theirs.  Then back home where we had dinner and after that some TV, YM’d with Jenny and got to see baby denny also… a good day all around… 

Told Lollie and Gareth that we would be making the trip for Christmas… they are pleased.

No comments: