Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Hell on Earth... here and now.

Wow, I suppose that was a pretty rough title, but then again considering the "Hell" that heat puts me thru. The day is absolutely beautiful, gorgeous blue sky with wispy white clouds but therein lurk the murkiness of humidity... that which drains the strength of Atlas and Goliath and, unfortunately me. Heat Stroke times 2 in VietNam left me with little tolerance for muggy hot weather. There are those who would tell you that you acclimate to different weather situations but I can tell you that after living in Virginia Beach for 9 years... It just damn well didn't happen.

2 comments:

Leann said...

It was terribly muggy yesterday. Even at work you could feel the moisture in the air. I had to go running after a patient for signatures around 2a this morning, and it was still hot and muggy albight a breeze blowing that did nothing to appease the heat.

denny said...

My neighbor logs for WeyCo and told me that at 4am this morning (at a pretty high elevation) it was already 70˚ and the humidity was only 30%.

Humidity is Satan's Air Conditioning... dirty bugger.