Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Crash!! Bang@#! Pow...

Jezzzzzzzz, what a way to wake up on a Saturday morning...And who do I get to blame?? Mother Nature, that's who !!  
6:30am and just one single wall rattling crash of thunder followed by maybe a dozen quarter sized rain drops and it was all over.  At first, I thought it was my neighbor dragging a recycle container up his driveway but it wasn't.  Today was a grand opportunity for a good thunderstorm but it ran out of steam before it got started.
Went to McDonalds for coffee and after that headed to the Elks for the Saturday market... this was the second one of the season and not too many folks showed up.  There was a lady artist there who designs bird houses and has them built by someone else and they are gorgeous and only about $26 bucks.
After that I came back here, to the tent, and Omar's friend Henry was in process of weeding the flower beds.  Henry is a nice old guy and I don't mind paying him a pittance for weeding the flower beds every now and then.
I am going to rent the movie "The Bucket List" for some evening entertainment... any takers out there???  I would consider springing for a pizza.
Cathy, the 'Fried Green Tomatoes" sound good, we will revisit the idea next year.
Leann, you are lucky, every once in awhile you get a client that makes you truly appreciate the human race.
Well, not much else worth penning at the moment.... ta da !!

2 comments:

Leann said...

I was in Lebanon this morning. Had to pick up something from my brother. I thought of you and contacting you to see if you wanted to have breakfast, but I have no way of doing that. We should remedy that. Brother said that they had some thunder and lightening. I didn't see any on the way over there, but that was around 7:45 or so. Would love a good thunder storm. We don't get enough of those here. Miss that about Eastern Oregon and the south.

Sounds like you had a nice day!

denny said...

Years ago when I was a young boy the Willamette valley had lots of thunder storms but for some unknown reason, they've been missing for a long time. I believe that they are going to cycle back into our weather platform pretty soon.

I did have a nice day, went out to Wal★mart and got some fresh fruit then stopped at Roths for some chicken. Hope yours was good too.