Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Males and 'Little boys'...

Morning Leann, I just finished reading your Blog and the mixed feelings you seem to demonstrate as related to your 2nd Ex.  Being overly curious, I also read the comments that were made in reference to your post.
Without the intention of being judgmental, I can put very little credence in Brad's post as I sense a little insecurity in him and possibly a little bit of femininity also which I am in no way belittling him for, just pointing it out.
As a fire breathing testosterone pumped type male (who also has feelings), I can tell you that men, in general, will hang on if there is ANY perceived chance that we can rekindle a relationship... this is basically to maintain the physical aspect of the relationship as opposed to the mental one.
Glen seemed to have a much better grasp on the workings of the typical male mind and I would be very inclined to agree with his assessment.
The bottom line is this Leann, the sharper the knife, the cleaner the cut and the easier the healing process.  Lingering thoughts of rekindling are extremely misleading and often cruel too.
Cut him loose and make it permanent... Move on girl. 
 

2 comments:

Leann said...

Dennis,

Thank you for your insight. I agree with Glenn also. Brad is gay so yes, there is some femininity there.

I'm going to have to cut him loose permanently, which I'm dreading because I know the hurt that will be associated with it. But, he made it perfectly clear he wanted to be friends with bennies and that's a no go in my book. Despite my telling him again and again.

denny said...

Stick to your guns Annie !!

It will behoove both you and him to do so as he is obviously under the assumption that you will "come around" some time... better to clear the air and move forward.

It all gets better sooner or later so just hang in there.