Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Smokin skies and burnin fields...

Wow, would you believe that I was awake at 4am... finally after tossing and turning for what seemed an eternity, I rose at 5:30 and finished up the trip stuff and waited sorta patiently for Del to show up.
6:15 and yet no Del... damn him !!  6:25 and here he is... Gotta love the guy.  Loaded up the luggage and bagged it for McDonalds for a quick run thru the drive thru... I bought breakfast and we were off like a flash.
We made it to the airport in a shade less than 2 hours.  Good conversation up and then he kicked me to the curb.
The flight left on time, only glitch was I couldn't bring my toothpaste or the shower door cleaner as they didn't fit into the anti terrorist guidelines at PDX.
Flight was good, about a hour and ten minutes end to end.  I sat next to an elderly zombie but thanks to recent inoculations had nothing to fear.
We landed in Sacto amidst more smoky skys than a 2-bit pool hall.  Lollie and Gareth made a quick pass thru the drop off lane and away we went.  
Hit a few stores on the way to their place and now fixing to get some dinner, Sister is asleep so me and the Chink will make a food run.
I'll dribble more tomorrow.

No comments: