Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

"Boccelism" a variant of the unsame

Well now, was that not a mouthful of gibberish or what???  Anyway, Bocce is a game that is very popular both in Italy and the U.S.
I and my family were introduced to it and played a lawn grass version when I was stationed in Virginia.  We didn't understand the rules of the game so made up our own which bore no resemblance to the actual game.  It was fun though and a great way to gather.
Last year, while here in Sacto, I was introduced to actual Bocce courts and the finer points of the game.  It is, in a word, a gentle game of skill both in aim and release.  
This afternoon, Lollie and Gareth's team have a match that I will attend.  I know at least two of the players not including my Sister and her husband.  I will be a spectator only. 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are having way to much fun. You aren't going to want to come back home. Have fun on your adventures.

Leann said...

I've never heard of it, I'll have teo do some googling.

denny said...

First off, Cathy... there is no such thing as "too much" when it comes to fun... You certainly can remember our "Bocce" tournaments... big yard and never ever a straight line for the ball to roll in... I miss it, how bout you??

denny said...

Leann, seems you google a lot of the things I mention... You gotta get out more girl *grins like a monkey*

Leann said...

Very true. I lead a sad life. Sometimes :-)