Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Sunday, July 20, 2008

"Dark Knight"... Joker stole the show...

In the past, there's been much better actors play the part of 'Bruce Wayne' and for that matter 'Robin', but rarely if ever in the past did anyone ever play a better "Joker".  
Heath Ledger will forever be remembered as "The Joker".  Sterling performance and show stopper would be mild accolades for role he played.  Sadly, the world will never again benefit from his abilities as an actor of magnanimous proportions.
We had intended to go to the 8pm showing, but upon arrival at the theater complex, we found the lobby to be similiar to a successful tuna fishing boats hold... packed to the gills.
Rather than wait, we exchanged tickets for the later show at 9:50pm and decided to catch dinner at a Japanese restaurant within the same mall area.  The food was good and the service excellent so that provided full tummies for a relaxing and explosive 2.5 hours of video overload.
Today, we will I believe, go to church and after that probably a brunch of some sort.  Upon returning to their home, I shall proceed to do laundry and get things gathered for the trek home.  It will indeed be good to be back in the tent.
Today is Gareth's birthday so Lollie bought him a hands free Motorola T505 unit for the Lexus.  It works great.  This evening, she took he and I to an nice Italian restaurant where we all ate too much and feel like a slaughter fattened pig waiting for the axe.
Tomorrow I come back home to Lebanon... it's time.
Later, you purveyors of written drivel... enjoy the day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home!!!!

Leann said...

Welcome home!! Hope Omar took good care of the tent while you were away and the camels did not leave 'love drops' in your living room.

denny said...

Thanks Cathy... as you very well know, the old homestead is a welcome site after you've been traipsing across the states. I liked the visit, but would probably not do the length again. Hope all is well in 'bama' as I am certain it is.

denny said...

Leann... Omar, being the natural lazy bum that he is, left the flap up so you can imagine the dust and sand I had to confront... it's not like I didn't give him fair warning I was coming back. I put all his rags out in the stable along with some goodies I discovered in the tent.

He likely is boozing it up at the local bistro but when he returns, I am gonna kick his booty but good.

Good to be back though, perhaps now I can get back to somewhat of a normal routine again.

How are 'days' treating ya??