Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Monday, July 28, 2008

Monday, monday...how good to see

I'm sure you remember the song.. Mommas and Papas variety?  Turns out this is a beautiful day and nice and cool too.  Omar is pleased as the camels tend to like it when it's not real hot outside.
I had my usual coffee at McDonalds and from there went to the Senior center to take care of my meal deliveries.  I only had 11 clients today and my manager said that several had contracted pneumonia.  That is a nasty thing to get, specially when one is older.
From when I finished deliveries, I came home and computed my route's mileage and found that now it is 22 miles long.
I wrote a lovely letter to Peak internet today complimenting the service I've received from them over the years and highlighting the services of a lady that works in their billing department.  I recognize good service and totally believe in making it well known to the powers that be.
Leann, does that happen for you where you work??  I've oft wondered if your industry is under appreciated.  I know what you do and it ain't exactly a walk in the park.
Cathy, the same question applies in your case and I also know what you do and it can and often is pretty darn hard work... to both of you I say "Good Job".  
Those who don't appreciate what you do should take a moment and reflect upon where they would be without your services...  Omar blushes when I compliment him so I keep it to a minimum..
I am still waiting for Fed-Ex...  ...  ...  ... ...  Oh well :(

2 comments:

Leann said...

Good day Dennis,

Comments tend to bypass us and go straight to the powers that be. I can't recall in the year I've been there that there has been an individual singled out for kudos from those we serve. I've been called a b**** a few times, but never anything positive :-) I agree that we are greatly under appreciated. It's nice to know that there are those out there who recognize good service.

Anonymous said...

I would have to say that where I work the people appreciate us and they show in many different ways. We have good parents that go out of there way to let us know how much they appreciate us and we also have a good office staff that is always giving us encouraging words and a pat on the back. I have a boss that will go above and beyond for her group of ladies that work under her and you don't see that much.