Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Beautiful blue sky... Thursday is starting out nice...

Slept in a little this morning then Coffee at McDonalds. While having coffee, I saw the maintenance guy blow out the compressor area of the refrigeration unit that holds the salads and milk on the front counter... this is the second time I’ve seen him do this and I mentioned to the manageers that it is unsanitary and unsafe to do in an area where food is prepared. The management of McDonald's has done nothing to stop this practice. I called the Linn Country health dept in Albany and am awaiting a return call now. Ralphy is headed up to Roy, Or to see his grand daughters before they start back to school. I hope his daughter is receptive. They have a love/hate relationship. Nice day out today, rain is predicted for later on today or this evening. It appears that Clynton has moved out of the house temporarily at least. I hope that I am wrong, but how does one know?? There was a black rose on the front step this morning with a little bitty card with the words "Praise Allah" and signed 'Achmed'. This seems to have ominous written all over it. Somehow Omar is involved or will be shortly... I need to see about a security system. UPDATE ON MCDONALDS: The Health inspector went there and told them that the way they were cleaning was not acceptable and that they needed to either move the unit out of the store to blow it out or use a damp cloth to clean it out... I was pleased.
UPDATE ON NICK:
Nick is doing OK, living with his mother right at the moment and this afternoon was headed back to his apt. to see what might be salvageable.
He seems in good spirits and looks at this as a chance for a fresh start and I commended him on that outlook.  He will survive.
Sadly, he was using a company car when this all happened and it got ruined but his boss totally understood so his job is intact and that is great.

4 comments:

Leann said...

Good morning Dennis. I hope that McDonald's stops this practice. There are times when I drive away from the drive thru window based on things I see inside. Ewwww

Oh my, things have gotten to a point where you need a security system?? Perhaps time to lock Omar in the freezer for a time? LOL

denny said...

The freezer would probably work, 'cept for the fact that the little bugger would eat all my road kill...

Anonymous said...

Omar probably wold escape through the drain hole after he ate all the road kill.

I am glad to her that Nick is taking this well. Maybe one day he will grow up. What do you think Dennis?

denny said...

Well Cathy, seems that both of us have children that tax our limits at times, Nick had the disadvantage of a chemical imbalance in his system that only medication could counteract.

Good thing is that he finally realized that he couldn't do it on his own and sought help. I think his future will be much brighter now that his moods are regulated.

I am not too certain that THC brownies wouldn't work too. Whooooopppps, kinda let the cat outta the bag there didn't I... (there was a time though).