Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Wonderful Wednesday..

Coffee at McDonalds then home. It is overcast this morning and the prediction seems to be that it will remain somewhat cloudy today with milder temperatures. I don’t have much at all planned for today. I may pressure wash the front and the yard side of the garage if I get ambitious. To Leann and Cathy, you are both doing good on your online blogs. It’s nice to read each day and an easy way to share your day. You’ve all probably heard of "Achmed the Dead Terrorist"??? Well, This morning, I found a letter addressed to Omar and would you believe it was from Achmed??? evidently the DNA string in Omar’s lineage links these two... Scary thought eh??? me thinks so too. I'm thinking about making some peanut butter cookies this week, maybe tomorrow. I have some salty mixed nuts that I think I will run thru the food processor and add to the recipe... should be good. I will let you know how they taste unless Omar gets to them first...
N•E•W•S•F•L•A•S•H-----N•E•W•S•F•L•A•S•H-----N•E•W•S•F•L•A•S•H-----
I just got an email from my son Sean that his brother, Nicholas (see the pictures in the sidebar) was flooded out of his apartment last night in Charlottes's "Worst flood in history"  literally thousands of people were put out of their homes and lost most or all of their possessions... 
He is OK, but the only thing he managed to save was his dog Chloe. His mother lives in Charlotte so he will have a temporary place to stay but can you imagine such a thing?????

4 comments:

Leann said...

Hi Dennis,

I hope you had a lovely day.

I am sorry to hear of your son's plight. Something I have never been able to imagine is loosing literally everything you own to a natural disaster. Most especially memories.

cathy said...

Hey Dennis,

I read your e-mail and I am sorry to here about Nick. Let him know that I am thinking about him and I hope things will work out for him. It looks like we may be getting some more bad weather by the first of the week. My mom will probably get it worse than us. I will put more information on my blog tomorrow night. I got home late tonight.

denny said...

Thank you Leann... I don't know what to do right at this moment. I am glad his Mom lives there though.

Gotta think...

denny said...

Cathy, we've been thru the weather back there... never had anything quite like that though...I am going to call his mom tomorrow and see if I can reach him... Dammit !!!