Later peoples...

Random musings of a "•Twisted Limb•"

            About Me

My photo
Just somebody you didn't know before.

Friday, August 29, 2008

The "Last great Weekend of Summer"

Coffee at McDonalds then off to deliver meals, on the way I stopped and got $100 for the weekend. I had 14 clients today and that should be my normal for awhile. On my route, I stopped at Jack Wellers as he had some wood carvings out in front of his shop for sale... upon talking to him I found out that they were from the PI where Jack goes each year on a church outreach program.
I also turned in my mileage for the deliveries. I bought two wooden bowls that were ordained with cane whip in a really nice weave. They are about 14“ and stand about 5” tall and made with Philippine mahogany wood. They were sold for $15 each which I thought was a steal. The weather looks good so far, but the prediction for the weekend isn’t all that great. I stopped in at Roths on way home and got some plumbs and some peach halves for my cottage cheese. Don’t know what the rest of the afternoon will bring, but I am thinking about bicycling around to the various garage sales. Omar won’d acknowledge Achmed... must be a family rift.

1 comment:

Leann said...

I thought the weekend was suppose to be nice?? Has that forcast changed? Guess I need to keep up a bit better. Just means holiday pay for me :-)

Hope you enjoy your weekend Dennis. Pics of the bowls?

Perhaps it's a good thing, for the moment that Achmed and Omar are not on speaking terms. Imagine the damage they could reap together!!